Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Information for authors
Editorial board does not charge for the publication, reviewing, editing, article text approval and provision of DOI. By sending an article all authors agree with the statements above.
Editorial board can ask authors to adapt the manuscript according to the key rules. Editorial board have a right to edit, correct, translation, designing of materials according to the relevant rules and conceptions of the journal.
- Key rules
1.1. Language of publications. Manuscripts from all over the world are accepted for the publication in the journal mainly in English or Ukrainian. Articles of the foreign authors received in English are published without a translation into Ukrainian (except for meta data).
1.2. Article application. Article is send in a single document to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Document must include meta data (initial data) and the manuscript (See below).
A representative of authors, who corresponds with the editorial board, mention and article title, own e-mail and contact phone number in the e-mail. Other information should be mentioned in the article document.
Other accompanying documents (accompanying letter from the institution headquarters, were an investigation took place, conflict of interests, author’s contract, declaration of the ethic norms following during the study) can be send to the editorial board as a scan-copies.
1.3. Meta-data of the article.
Meta-data of the article – title, short abstract and key words – guarantee of good citing.
1.3.1. Title should include the following information:
— Article title (in English and original language)
— Full names of all authors (in Latin transliteration and original language), scientific degrees, positions, authors’ affiliation. It is recommended to indicate full names according to own scientific profiles or use site Транслітерація for transliteration.
— Official name of institution, where each author works (in English and original language). If there are several authors, a numerical index is then placed near each surname according to the institution. If all authors are working at the one institution, than there is no need to indicate the place of work of each author, and it is enough to name institution once.
— Contact information for correspondence.
An example of title:
Vitamin D status in population of Bukovyna and Subcarpathia depending on residence above sea level
- V. Povoroznyuk1, V. I. Pankiv2
1Associate Professor, Institute of Gerontology, Kyiv, Ukraine, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2269-6291 email@example.com
2PhD (Medicine), Bukovynian State Medical University, Chernivtsi, Ukraine, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2269-6292 firstname.lastname@example.org
For correspondence: Volodymyr Pankiv, DM, Professor, Department of clinical immunology, allergology and endocrinology, Bukovina State Medical University, Ukraine, 2, Theatralna sq., city of Chernivtsi, 58002, Ukraine; e-mail: email@example.com, phone +38 050 12 34 567.
Статус вітаміну D у населення Буковини і Прикарпаття залежно від місця проживання над рівнем моря
Поворознюк В. В.1, Паньків В. І.2
1Професор, «Інститут геронтології», м. Київ, Україна https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2269-6291 firstname.lastname@example.org
2Професор, Буковинський державний медичний університет, м. Чернівці, Україна https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2269-6292 email@example.com
Для кореспонденції: Паньків Володимир Іванович, доктор медичних наук, професор кафедри клінічної імунології, алергології та ендокринології, Буковинський державний медичний університет, Театральна пл., 2, м. Чернівці, 58002, Україна; е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; контактний тел.: +38 050 12 34 567.
Is prepared in two landuages (in English and original language). Author’s abstract to the article is the main source of information in the foreign systems and databases, which index the journal. Abstract should be written in good English, do not do a word-to-word translation of the Ukrainian variant of an abstract! Abstract should be 150-250 words long. Abstracr of reviews, lectures, discussion articles are made in unspecified manner.
Abstract of the original article should be structured and include 5 mandatory parts in Ukrainian variant:”Актуальність”, “Мета дослідження”, “Матеріали і методи”, “Результати”, “Висновки”, ― and 4 parts in English variant: Background (include relevance and aim of the study), Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions. Results should comprise not less than the 50 % of the abstract volume.
Is made in two languages (English and original language). 8 words or more should be mentioned for international citing, which correspond to the content of the article and provides for the citing of the article in search systems.
Attention! All meta-data should be peculiarly checked by the authors and send to the editorial board in English language and original language of the article!
Article should be relevant, complete, well-grounded. Structure should be logical and consequential. See also recommendations for authors.
References should be performed only in Latin according to the international standards “Vancouver” with mandatory indication of international indicators DOI and/or PubMed of each source.
All sources are placed in the order of citing in the article, but not in the alphabetical order. Each source should be placed from the new row with numerical order, which is indicated in Arabic numbers in text in square brackets. Not published articles, conference abstracts, monographies, official documents, thesis manuscripts, patents, textbooks and guides without DOI are not included in the references. This sources should generally be avoided during the preparation of original articles.
Citing English source (Example):
1.Lapinsky SE. Obstetric Infections. Critical Care Clinics [Internet]. Elsevier BV; 2013 Jul;29(3):509–20. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccc.2013.03.006.
Citing Ukrainian source (Example):
1.Andreieva ID, Osolodchenko TP. Otsinka antybiotykorezystentnosti (Evaluation of antibiotic resistance). Zhurnal klinichna medytsyna. Ternopil State Medical University; 2015 Jun 5;22(1). (In Ukrainian)
Important. Original articles published during recent 3-5 years in foreign periodic journals, highly cited siurces, including Scopus and Web of Science should generally be cited.
Minimize and try to avoid self-citing. Optimal amount of sources, that are cited in original articles and lectures are 20-30, in reviews – 40-60, in discussion articles – more than 15.
This rules are created on the basis of Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals, developed by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors, and also including the demands of the Order № 1112 («On the publication of thesis results for the degree of Doctor of Medicine and Philosophy doctor») and requirements to issues included in «List of professional issues of Ukraine», according to the Order № 1111 from 17.10.2012. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Recommendations for authors
Text format. Manuscript is sent to the editorial board electronically in doc/docs format, Calibri, 12 pt fold.
Volume of the text no strict limitations. The main is the values and relevance of the material. Minimal volume 10000 symbols with spaces.
Illustrative material. Resolution of images and illustrative text materials should be good enough for clear view even in 2-3 times scales, without artifacts (blurring, graininess, pixilation, reflections, obscuring).
Explanation should be present under each illustration with name and adjusting text, explanation of marks on the illustration, and also source of the illustration.
All graphic materials (pictures, schemes, tables) should be formatted and separated with intervals from the main text, marked and have citing in text.
Rational formatting of the reference list.
There is automatic generator of references CitationGen.
For the certain cite the ля Search Crossref service should be use, which provides a possibility to export source on the Vancouver format with automatic adding of DOI. Our journal use Crossref Cited-by service, which allow to improve statistics of publication citing and make references interactive and available for the check by international reviewers.
If the source does not have DOI identificator, but the material is available at PubMed, use PMID2cite service to export cites in Vancouver style.
- Legal and ethic statements
3.1. Plagiarism and secondary publications
It is not acceptable to use adopted text and results of the study, which do not belong to the authors of the manuscript.
Article can be checked for for its originality by the services https://advego.com/antiplagiat/ (for texts in Russian) and http://plagiarisma.net/ (for texts in English). Editorial board have the right to checks accepted manuscript for plagiarism. Text similarity above 30 % is not acceptable.
3.2. Statement on authors rights
Our issue use statements fro author rights CreativeCommons for journals with open access.
Authors, which are published in this journal agree with the following conditions:
- Authors have the right on authorship of the article and provides the journal with the right of first publication of this work on the conditions of the license Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows other person to spread freely the published work with the mandatory citing of the authors of the original publication in this journal.
- Authors agree that the rights for the protection and publications of the given material is transitioned to the editor (publisher) by the sending of the article, including such objects of the author’s rights as photo of the author, pictures, schemes, tables, etc., including recreation in press and Internet network; for spread; for the translation of the manuscript into any languages; export and import of issues samples with the authors’ article for the spread, and to bring it to publicity.
- Rights mentioned above authors provide for the editor (publisher) without limitation of their term of action and on the territory of every country.
- Authors grant the presence of rights to used of submitted to editor (publisher) materials. Editor (publisher holds responsibility before the third parties for the violation of guarantee provided by the authors.
- Authors retain right to make separate deals for non exclusive spread of works in the view it was published by this journal (for example, place work in electronic archive of the institution or publish as a part of monography), with the preservation of citing of the original publication in this journal.
- Policy of the journal allow and encourage locating by authors in the Interned (for example institutional archive or personal site) of the manuscript of published article, as this provides for the scientific discussion and reflects positively on the proficiency and dynamics of the article citing.
- Rights on the article are considered to be transferred from the authors to the editor (publisher) from the publication of the material in printed or electronic version of the issue. Further publications of the published in the issue material by other physical or legal body us possible only after the permission of editor (publisher) with the mandatory mentioning of the full bibliographic reference.
3.3. Statement on confidentiality
Names and electronic addresses, that are mentioned by the users of this journal site will be used only for the performance of internal technical tasks of this journal; they will not be spread and provided to the other parties.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.